Seasonal Vacancies for Onboard Staff - Full and Part Time Available
Condor Ferries are currently recruiting for seasonal onboard crew – Full time hours attracting a salary of £14,401.58 pro rata.
There are part time positions available also.
Onboard we have a large Duty Free shop selling world class brands such as Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Moët Chandon, Lanson, Gordon’s and Smirnoff. In Food and Beverage we have Costa coffee shops, Casquets Bistro offering a full range of hot and cold meals and a newly re-furbished Ocean Bar.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, confident individuals who are passionate about giving great customer service to our guests onboard. You will probably have a background in retailing or catering with known high street brands. As well as guest safety and comfort, you will be expected to have a positive attitude to selling and interacting with guests. Therefore strong communication skills, a confident selling ability and merchandising experience is essential.
Seaman Roles: We are also looking for seasonal deck crew. This role includes some of the steward/ess duties, but will work within the deck team carrying out other tasks such as mooring, vehicle deck duties and vessel maintenance.
We travel from Poole and Weymouth to Guernsey, Jersey and St. Malo and operate on a shift basis, working bank holidays, weekends and nights. So if you think you have got what it takes to give our guests a fantastic experience, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Full safety training will be given and form part of your induction programme.
Applicants must be available to start training on 28th April 2014 and contracts are offered between 28th April 2014 – 30th September 2014.
Please note that no accommodation is provided with the role and successful applicants must live in the vicinity of Poole and/or Weymouth ports.
Please submit your full CV in the first instance either in writing or by email to:
Condor Marine Crewing Services, New Jetty Offices, White Rock, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 2LL
Please apply in writing, enclosing your CV to:
Condor Marine Crewing Services
New Jetty Offices
St Peter Port
Email applications may be sent to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: 09/04/2014
Guest Services Consultant - Seasonal
Guest Services Consultant – Seasonal
Weymouth Terminal & Poole Port
We are looking to recruit seasonal full and part time Guest Services Consultants to operate both in our Dorset ports and call centre. Duties are also to include working in our food and beverage outlet in Weymouth.
Key responsibilities will include
- To ensure all aspects of the company health and safety policy are adhered to ensuring a safety first approach to all tasks.
- High standard of guest service in accordance with Condor Ferries standards.
- The efficient and courteous answering of incoming telephone calls or in person bookings and enquiries.
- To assist in the checking-in, marshalling and loading and unloading, collection of guests, vehicles and freight/goods to and from all company vessels.
- To assist in the preparation and completion of all paperwork and administrative procedures relating to all vehicle, passenger, freight and vessel movements.
- Carry out any additional duties as required by the company.
- Carry out duties as directed with in all Retail Catering outlets as required.
- To up sell to guests and provide great customer service.
- Ensure food presentation and service is to the companies required standards.
- To have an understanding of daily targets and attend the team briefings.
- Be competent in cash and till handling procedures.
Key Skills & Personal Profile
- Excellent communication skills-both verbal and written
- Articulate & confident telephone manner
- Accurate Keyboard/computer skills
- Excellent Customer Service
- Anticipating the needs of customers and colleagues.
- Strong team player
- Manual handling essential
- Full UK driving licence to be held at all times
- Pro-active team member
Reporting to the Ports and Guest Services Management Team, this role will require shifts to be worked both In Weymouth and Poole. You will be expected to work unsociable hours on a rota basis which will include weekends and bank holidays. A full Job Description and remuneration details are available upon request.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering E Mail to;
Or pop into our office at the Port in Weymouth.
Email applications may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: 07/03/2014