QUOTE & BOOK
Passport Requirements for Jersey and Guernsey
We require all our passengers due to travel on a domestic sailing (inter-island and between the UK, Guernsey and Jersey) to carry a form of photographic identification. Unfortunately, without an accepted form of photo ID to show at check-in you won’t be permitted to board. Children under the age of 16 can travel on domestic services without photo ID provided the accompanying adult can vouch for their identification.
Guernsey and Jersey are part of the CTA or Common Travel Area, which is included in the UK. In both destinations there is no requirement to carry a passport as there are no immigration controls in place, however a form of photographic identification is required.
Accepted travel documents include:
• A valid passport (i.e. in date)
• An expired passport (domestic sailings only, up to two years after expiry)
• Valid EU or Swiss national identity card
• Valid driving licence (full or Provisional are accepted)
• Valid armed forces identity card
• Valid police warrant card/badge
• A child on parent’ s passport is an acceptable form of ID
• Citizen Card or Civilian Card, available from www.citizencard.com/
• Valid firearm certificate
• Valid government-issued identity card
• NHS SMART card
• Electoral identity card
• NUS card (National Union of Students)
• University/college ID card
• Council issued bus pass
• Young Scot card
• Disabled badges which have a photograph of the holder
• Certificate of Competency issued by the government (domestic routes only, must be photographic)
• VALIDATE UK PASS photographic proof of age cards
• CPP Guernsey ID card
• Guernsey 18+ card
Please note that digital copies of your photo ID are not acceptable. Please also note that all photo ID must be legible and undamaged, otherwise you will not be able to travel.
Passengers due to travel on international sailings to and from St Malo must ensure their passport or National Identity Card is available for inspection. The travel document must be valid (in date). Visas are required by some non-EEC nationals. If you are travelling to or from St Malo, we ask that you complete your advance passenger information (API) at least 24 hours before you travel. You can complete this here.
If you have not supplied your API before you travel, you risk being refused travel.
Sign up to be the first to hear about our latest news, offers and inspiring things to do at one of our lovely destinations.
Copyright © Condor Ferries ltd 2020. All rights reserved.