Jobs with Condor Ferries
Here at Condor Ferries we believe that our people are our greatest asset and it is our commitment to deliver the highest standards of service. We update this page as and when job positions throughout the company become available. However if you would like to send us your CV, please email email@example.com.
2nd Officer (Conventional Ro/Ro)
We are currently recruiting for a 2nd Officer to work aboard our conventional RoPax ferries operating between Portsmouth and the Channel Islands.
Applicants must have experience of working on this type of vessel and previously sailed in the position of 2nd Officer holding, as a minimum, an STCW 95 (as amended) OOW cert.
The position is a fixed term contract running from 1st April 2014 - 31st October 2014.
You will normally be rostered on a two weeks on/two weeks off basis.
If the above sounds of interest to you, please forward your CV and certifications in the first instance to:
Please apply in writing, enclosing your CV to:
Condor Marine Crewing Services
New Jetty Offices
Email applications may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: 11/03/2014
Guest Services Consultant - Seasonal
Guest Services Consultant – Seasonal
Weymouth Terminal & Poole Port
We are looking to recruit seasonal full and part time Guest Services Consultants to operate both in our Dorset ports and call centre. Duties are also to include working in our food and beverage outlet in Weymouth.
Key responsibilities will include
- To ensure all aspects of the company health and safety policy are adhered to ensuring a safety first approach to all tasks.
- High standard of guest service in accordance with Condor Ferries standards.
- The efficient and courteous answering of incoming telephone calls or in person bookings and enquiries.
- To assist in the checking-in, marshalling and loading and unloading, collection of guests, vehicles and freight/goods to and from all company vessels.
- To assist in the preparation and completion of all paperwork and administrative procedures relating to all vehicle, passenger, freight and vessel movements.
- Carry out any additional duties as required by the company.
- Carry out duties as directed with in all Retail Catering outlets as required.
- To up sell to guests and provide great customer service.
- Ensure food presentation and service is to the companies required standards.
- To have an understanding of daily targets and attend the team briefings.
- Be competent in cash and till handling procedures.
Key Skills & Personal Profile
- Excellent communication skills-both verbal and written
- Articulate & confident telephone manner
- Accurate Keyboard/computer skills
- Excellent Customer Service
- Anticipating the needs of customers and colleagues.
- Strong team player
- Manual handling essential
- Full UK driving licence to be held at all times
- Pro-active team member
Reporting to the Ports and Guest Services Management Team, this role will require shifts to be worked both In Weymouth and Poole. You will be expected to work unsociable hours on a rota basis which will include weekends and bank holidays. A full Job Description and remuneration details are available upon request.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering E Mail to;
Or pop into our office at the Port in Weymouth.
Email applications may be sent to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: 07/03/2014