FERRY + HOTEL
Gather some friends, strawberries, cream and bottle of Lanson Champagne to celebrate Wimbledon fortnight in style.
Champagne Lanson has been closely associated with Wimbledon since 1977 and now is the official supplier to the championships. Available in all the nine bars and hospitality marquees, Lanson Champagne has thus become an integral part of the Wimbledon experience.
• On average, 29,000 bottles of Lanson Champagne are sold
• 34,000 kilograms of English strawberries are sold (166,000 servings)
• There’s 14,979 seats in centre court
• Men’s fastest serve was 148mph by Taylor Dent, USA (2010)
• Ladies fastest serve was 129mph by Venus Williams, USA (2008)
• Longest match was played over 3 days
(11hrs 5 mins) between John Isner, USA and Nicholas Mahut, France (2010)
• The waiting list for Wimbledon Club Membership is about 1000 names long dating back many years.
• Price per portion of 10 strawberries (min) and cream has remained at £2.50 per serving since 2010