The purpose of this role is to work in conjunction with the vessel staff will ensure the maintenance of all deck equipment and machinery taking due regard of the planned maintenance system so that it works both efficiently and reliably.
Some of the Key Responsibilities for this role include:
• Liaise with shore and ship-based management (Marine & Technical) to ensure all the planned tasks and defects are correctly resourced so that they are completed safely and to the correct standard.
• To manage all contracts, contractors, suppliers and manufacturers are adhering to safety & compliance procedures
• Audit the MPM system to ensure all defects are recorded by the vessel and actioned appropriately.
• Work with Ship Managers and Marine Ops Manager to produce troubleshooting guides for equipment and maintenance schedules to be incorporated into the Planned Maintenance System
• Ensure all certification relating to maintenance/refit undertaking is available/filed for inspection.
• Produce written budget forecasting for future undertakings in conjunction with relevant Ship Manager
The successful candidate will have a STCW (95) 111/2 Engineering Motor unrestricted or Equivalent Experience and will have Technical Superintendent or Seagoing experience at senior engineering level. The ideal candidate will also have experience of producing risk assessments, people management and will be a good communicator.
The intended location for this role is Poole, with regular visits to vessels.