The purpose of this role is to operate the machinery, machinery spaces, Hotel services, electrical and electronic equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Supporting the Chief Engineer with all aspects of maintaining an operational and fully functional ship at all times.
• Operate the machinery spaces by allocating routine work to watch keeping engineers
• Supervise Fitters and Motormen and ensure that the work carried out is done safely, in accordance with company procedures, and in good time
• Keep the Chief Engineer in formed of all technical matters
• Ensure that the daily routine planned maintenance is carried out
• Keep the engine log book
• Record all maintenance undertaken
• Assist the chief engineer with inputting maintenance records and history into the ship’s planned maintenance system
• Keep a safe watch in accordance with the recommendations in STCW A-VIII
• When on standby respond to requests and orders from the bridge
The working pattern for this role would be 12 hours per day, split watch keeping duties, four weeks on/four weeks off rotation. Applicants will be expected to have previous experience in a similar role and must possess a certificate of competency: 2EO STCW Reg III/2 unlimited.
The intended location for this role is predominantly on our Conventional Ferries.