Before you leave for the port, please ensure you have printed your e-boarding card which will have been emailed to you. If you do not have this, then please arrive with your booking reference number which will have been detailed on your confirmation email. Please leave plenty of time to collect your e-boarding card and get onboard the ship. Please ensure all baggage is correctly labelled with your destination. You can find labels at check-in.
Before you leave the house, please ensure you have the correct travel document with you. From 1st March 2019, we will require all our passengers due to travel on a domestic sailing (inter-island and between the UK, Guernsey and Jersey) to carry a form of photographic identification. Unfortunately, without an accepted form of photo ID to show at check-in you won’t be permitted to board.
Accepted travel documents include:
- A valid passport (i.e. in date)
- An expired passport (domestic routes only, up to two years after expiry)
- Valid EU or Swiss national identity card
- Valid driving licence (full or Provisional are accepted)
- Valid armed forces identity card
- Valid police warrant card/badge
- A child on parent’s passport is an acceptable form of ID
- Citizen Card or Civilian Card, available from www.citizencard.com
- Valid firearm certificate
- Valid government-issued identity card
- NHS SMART card
- Electoral identity card
- NUS card (National Union of Students)
- University/college ID card
- Company ID card of nationally recognised company
- Council issued bus pass
- Young Scot card
- Disabled badges which have a photograph of the holder
- Certificate of Competency issued by the government (domestic routes only, must be photographic)
- VALIDATE UK PASS photographic proof of age cards
- CPP Guernsey ID card
- Guernsey 18+ card
Please note that all photo ID must be legible and undamaged, otherwise you will not be able to travel.
Travel to and from St Malo requires a valid passport or National Identity Card. Please make sure you complete your advance passenger information (API) at least 24 hours before you travel. You can complete this here. If you have not supplied your API before you travel, you risk being refused travel.